[FACIL] Webcast on Open Source Software and Open Standards in Public Administration

Gabriel Cossette gabriel at gcossette.com
Ven 13 Oct 10:41:04 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

You are all invited to join a webcast on Open Source Software and Open
Standards in the context of (Canadian) public administration.

October 25, 2017 | 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm (EDT)
Registration:
https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/open-source-software-and-open-standards-in-public-administration-public-webcast-tickets-38568429210?aff=WebEN

Speakers:
* Olivia Neal, Executive Director, Digital Change, Chief Information
Branch, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
* Lena Trudeau, Senior Advisor, Canadian Digital Services; Founder and
CEO, Nuage Cloud Strategies
* Denis Skinner, Chief Information Officer and Director General,
Information Technology Services, Public Service Commission of Canada
Language: English with interpretation in French
As we continue to move towards a more open government and an engaged
citizenry, we still rely heavily on proprietary technologies and
standards for our core operations and programs. This leads to an
important question: How can the Government of Canada more broadly adopt
open source software and open standards in its development of tools and
solutions?
Join us as experts explain open source software and open standards in an
accessible manner and why the government's key stakeholders should be
committed to adopting these concepts.
This discussion will allow participants to explore some of the
challenges and myths surrounding open source software in the government.
It will also help participants examine the available options within our
current set of programs and policies and give them the opportunity to
exchange ideas with experts on related topics.

Gabriel