[FACIL] Fwd: [okfn-discuss] New tool to build map dataviz

Diane Mercier diane.mercier at gmail.com
Sam 7 Sep 07:43:25 EDT 2013

PVI | FYI

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: 	[okfn-discuss] New tool to build map dataviz
Date : 	Fri, 6 Sep 2013 12:02:47 +0200
De : 	Vincent Brouté <neveldo at gmail.com>
Répondre à : 	Open Knowledge Foundation discussion list
<okfn-discuss at lists.okfn.org>
Pour : 	okfn-discuss at lists.okfn.org

Dear OKF Community,

I'm involved in some OpenData related works in France and it's my first
message to the OKF mailing list.

I saw that sharing useful tools for Open Data is welcome. That why I
would like to share with you an Open Source library I made. It could
help you to build pretty map dataviz in order to visualize Open Data in
an interresting way.

More than words, you can see a demo here with a map of the world and
fake generated data : http://neveldo.fr/mapael/usecases/world .

Here is the github of the project Mapael : http://neveldo.fr/mapael/ ,
and the complete documentation : http://neveldo.fr/mapael/ .

Technically, Mapael is a jQuery plugin built on the vector library
raphael.js. It can be simply configured with JSON.

I would be glad to get user feedbacks, so feel free to share and use it
! Hope you will find interest in this tool.

Currently, there is many features, but only few maps are available :
world, USA and France countries, feel free to contribute to the project.

Best regards,
Vincent

--- Liaison par | Curation by ---
Dre Diane Mercier
Ambassadrice de l'Open Knowledge Foundation - Groupe local au Canada
Web : http://ca.okfn.org
Medias : @okfnca | LinkedIn : dianemercier | JiTsi - Jabber/XMPP:
dianemercier at jit.si
Blogue : http://dianemercier.com