[Facil] Lancement du site "Free Content and Expression Definition"

Fabian Rodriguez mailinglists at FabianRodriguez.com
Mar 2 Mai 10:29:19 EDT 2006

Bonjour,

Voici une annonce "d'intérêt public" :) Certains débats opposent les
définitions de licences libres, selon qu'on connaisse ou utilise celles
de "Creative Commons" (CC) ou celles de la "Free Software Foundation" et
du projet Gnu. Malgré la popularité des licences CC, il demeure parfois
un flou dans la définition de contenus ou licences libres. Ce projet
vise à éliminer ou diminuer ce flou. Extrait de l'annonce:

"The free culture movement is growing. Hackers have created a completely
free operating system called GNU/Linux that can be used and shared by
anyone for any purpose. A community of volunteers has built the largest
encyclopedia in history, Wikipedia, which is used by more people every
day than CNN.com or AOL.com. Thousands of individuals have chosen to
upload photos to Flickr.com under free licenses. But - just a minute.
What exactly is a "free license"?

In the free software world, the two primary definitions - the Free
Software Definition and the Open Source Definition - are both fairly
clear about what uses must be allowed. Free software can be freely
copied, modified, modified and copied, sold, taken apart and put back
together. However, no similar standard exists in the sphere of free
content and free expressions.

We believe that the highest standard of freedom should be sought for as
many works as possible. And we seek to define this standard of freedom
clearly. We call this definition the "Free Content and Expression
Definition",
and we call works which are covered by this definition "free content" or
"free expressions"."

La suite sur http://freecontentdefinition.org/Announcement

N'hésitez pas à passer le mot dans vos réseaux respectifs.

Fabian Rodriguez
http://www.fabianrodriguez.com