[business] Ægir Support Services

Christopher Gervais christopher.gervais at ergonlogic.com
Tue Sep 1 01:42:07 EDT 2015

> To reduce overhead we could say that the community and Basic plans don't
> get an invoice. Just a recurring paypal donation.

That makes sense for the community level, especially since it's a separate
support channel. However, since we'd be providing direct support, access to
issue-tracking tools and such, I think it'd be easier to keep the anything
at that Basic or up on the same payment/invoicing platform.

per CPU/m, would also mean per core? As many servers are now virtual and
> most servers have more then one core.

CPUs as seen by the OS. Here's a little module to probe for that across
servers in an Aegir deployment: https://github.com/ergonlogic/hosting_probes.
It just calls 'nproc' under the covers.

community forum? As we're deprecating the community site this would mean
> stack exchange?

I'd suggest that we subscribe to a hosted Askbot instance:
https://askbot.com/plans/

> customer portal? That would be something new to build ...
> but what about email? A mailinglist could sent it to anyone willing to
> do support, we'd just have to be careful to reply to sender and not just
> to the list.

I'd suggest that we subscribe to a hosted RT instance:
https://www.bestpractical.com/services/hosting.html

> Get additional tickets... would need a price tag ... $60,- ?

That seems fair. I updated the page.

I think we should be very careful with 'Advance security notifications'.
> Do we have examples of this?

I think we can safely alert clients in advance of a security release,
without disclosing any details. This'll give them a chance to plan for the
upgrade, or perhaps contract someone to do it for them.

Christopher Gervais  :|:  Principal,  Ergon Logic Enterprises
514.945.6442  :|:  christopher.gervais at ergonlogic.com